I found The Color Room!

Saturday, May 15, 2010
Blog hopping to some of the most inspiring scrapbookers around, I discovered The Color Room-and WOW!  What a place to gather some inspiration!  Sure, there is loads of talent on the site, just like every other scrap blog or site I visit, but this place is more than just an artist strutting their stuff.  Every week this site puts up a new color palette and sketch to really get the creative juices flowing.  The site just kicked off, and there are already over 1,000 members!  Me, being one of them.  The unfortunate part is that I stumbled upon it 6 weeks in.  I wish I would have been around from the start.  Even so, I'm glad to have found it.  This week's color palette is simply fantastic!  Take a sneak peak of the palette below, along with the sketch, followed by my interpretation.  I hope you'll join the fun!  I've been enjoying seeing what all the talented artists are coming up with out there.   



I used a photo of my sweet, adorable nephew Adrian for this layout. I'm too embarrassed to admit how long the piece of art took me to create. 
(click on picture for larger image)



Supplies used:
Tim Holtz Grunge Board for "precious" and the dark brown heart
Tim Holtz Distressing Ink
Tim Holtz Distressing Tool
Quickkutz Revolution, boarder die cut, circle die cut, heart die cut
Prima Flowers
Cuddlebug Swirls Embossing Template
Xyron Design Runner
Making Memories tiny letters
Tsukineko Walnut Ink
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Patina
Basic Grey patterned Paper
Bazill Cardstock


1 comments:

  1. Rebecca said...:

    Love it, Christine! Your nephew, Andrew, is adorable too, so he makes the piece even more wonderful. Very nice job! By the way, I love the lower right hand corner where it looks spray painted brown. Nice touch to the piece!

Post a Comment

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Total Pageviews