The Color Room-Palette #8

Saturday, May 29, 2010
Another color palette reveal from The Color Room.  Yeah!  I've been enjoying these challenges so much.  It gives me a little direction with where to begin, I pick my photo, and then away my creativity goes.  This palette I was much more fond of than the last and I found it a lot easier to work with.  




This week's layout features a beautiful picture of Megan and Tristen taken at my Mom's back in September 2008.  She lives on a lake which makes the most beautiful photo backdrop so every time we go there, I make the kids stand out there so I can snap photos.  I edited the photo at www.photoshop.com/express.  They offer an awesome color pop effect, which is how I achieved the look of only the green popping on the photo.  In this particular picture, I picked greens to pop, so it suited the color palette well.  I began this layout by hand drawing two large circles on the white card stock.

(click on photo for a larger image)


Tools used:
Quickkutz Revolution (flowers, vines, small circles)
Cricut (butterfly, large circle)
Fiskars border punch (under picture)
Dymo Label maker (title)


Materials used:
BasicGrey Patterned Paper-Wistoria Collection
Old Patterned paper from my stash
White cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl (butterfly)
My Mind's Eye Lush flocked chipboard letters (title)
Prima Say It In Crystals (dragon fly)
Pearl Stickers (behind butterfly)
Self Stick Gems
Old Sheet Music found at a thrift store


I love to shop for products at www.scrapbook.com.  Not only do they have awesome product to purchase, but also a very inspiring gallery.  


Another site I like to visit for inspiration is Scrap That!-who also offers an awesome monthly kit club full of beautiful goodies!  I'm expecting my first shipment any day.  Also The Color Room-of course, which is where the inspiration for this layout came from.  


Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate your visits!  Leave me a comment and let me know you were here!  


Yours in scraps-
Christine

4 comments:

  1. Rebecca said...:

    Adorable as usual, Christine! Your kids are really, really cute, so it's very easy to make nice looking pages with them! Love the butterflies. :)

  1. Darien said...:

    What an Amazing lo you did!!!!! Looks Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Love the color theme!!!!!!
    And Great picture!!!

    Cant wait to see the creations you make with the kit ;)

  1. Christine said...:

    Thanks so much for your awesome comments, ladies! I truly appreciate it! :-) I loved creating it!

Post a Comment

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Total Pageviews