Once In a Lifetime

Wednesday, June 16, 2010
This layout is featuring my love Charles and I.  Words and even art, I feel, can't even describe how much this man means to me and what a change, for the better, he's been in my life.  What he and I share is truly extraordinary to anything I've experienced in my life.  In a few short months, it will be 3 years since this adventure began.  We've had our ups and downs-but mostly ups.  My soul runneth over with joy when I'm with him and this layout describes how I feel about our relationship. The photos are from the most romantic week of my life when I was down in Dallas visiting my sweetheart-just weeks before he would  move here to Fargo to be with me after 2.5 years of a long distance relationship.  His mom took these photos while we were visiting the family for Christmas.  

The journaling reads:  If you're ever so lucky to happen upon the love of your life, hang on tight and don't let go.  It will only happen once.  
(click on photo for larger image)

I started with a cream piece of patterned papers and used Tim Holtz masks for the crown and flourishes before going over the mask with 3 different color inks to design my own custom patterned/colored paper.  I then spritzed over the top of that with the black cherry glimmer mist, giving it a shimmery shine.  The butterfly is stamped on a black piece of card stock with clear embossing ink then heat embossed using a shimmery metal embossing power.  

Tools Used:
Quickutz Revolution for title
Washington Font
Cricut and Cricut Gypsy for flourish
Martha Stewart punch for border
Martha Stewart stamp (butterfly)
Tim Holtz masks (crown & flourish)


Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper
Black Card Stock 
Prima flower
Tim Holtz metal clock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China, Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Black Cherry
Me and My Big Ideas transparency for journaling
Clear sticker by DCWV

Thanks for stopping by!  
Christine

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca said...:

    You really dig this Tim Holtz guy. Are you sure he's not the love of your life? :) All kidding aside, this is a great layout. I remember how happy you were after this trip, so I was wondering when you were going to scrap it! This is just beautiful and I love the quote. Long distance relationships are the most difficult. I'm so happy you guys made it through!!! Great job!

  1. Christine said...:

    Haha! Tim is awesome! But Charles is the man.

Post a Comment

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Total Pageviews