The Color Room-Palette #12

Sunday, August 1, 2010
As I become fluffier by the day, it becomes more challenging for me to muster the creative energy to scrap.  And if I do find the energy to scrap, there is nothing left over for the drawn out process of posting this stuff on my blog or any other site.  This particular palette felt sophisticated and classy.  


This layout features my love, Charles.  I love this photo of him that he took of himself with his iPhone.
Charles really is a classy guy.  Aside from his rocker style he wears when he's going casual, when he dresses otherwise, he dresses to the 9's.  He's all up on his fashion and has great taste.  He is the one who decorated the inside of our home.  The outcome of that will be featured in another layout.  For now, here is my take on the palette.  

(click on picture for larger image)
Tools Used:
Cricut (the word "style" and corner black flourishes)
Cricut Gypsy (the word "style" and corner black flourishes)
Quickutz Revolution (the word "class"
Sheet music stamp by Tim Holtz & Stampers Anonymous
Tim Holtz paper distressor
Dymo Label Maker (the words "is what you have")


Supplies Used:
Bazzill Cardstock
Patterned Paper from My Minds Eye (orange flourish that I cut out from the paper)
Grunge board by Tim Holtz (big charcoal flourishes)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot (used on big grunge board flourish and to distress the the paper)
Tim Holtz Ideaology Metal Corner
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Graphite and Pearl
Staz On Ink Pad
Transparency and chipboard from my stash

Notes about this layout:
I've been making a lot of my own transparencies lately (sheet music on this layout).  I have a whole lot of blank transparency sheets thanks to a friend.  What I do is stamp my image onto the transparency sheet with my favorite stamps and Staz On Ink, and then once it dries, cutting it out and applying it with clear glue.  I like Scotch's wrinkle free glue.  Very cost effective technique since you can get quite a few cuts from one transparency sheet!  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Total Pageviews